Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Oops, I did it again. . . sorry Lord. . .

Oops, I did it again. . . sorry Lord. . .

I have always had a faster than normal heart rate. Just sitting around reading a book, my normal heart rate is between 90-96 (and it doesn’t have to be an exciting book!) Right now it is 108.

Several years back (7-8) I became alarmed because my heart started beating even faster, and I was having chest pains and dizzy spells. One night I woke up, checked my heart rate, and it was over 140 bpm. . . a little scary! I ended up having all kinds of tests. They couldn’t find anything wrong, just that my heart beat too fast, so I was put on some medicine and sent home.

Recently I have been having a recurring of the super-fast heart rate, not being able to sleep because of “hearing” my heart in my head. . . it’s like a pounding headache, only without the headache. . . and dizzy spells. Sometimes my legs feel like they just don’t want to carry me around, also.

So that, combined with the fact that my medicine is prescribed by the year and the year is almost up, meant I had to contact the doctor.

Now, I spend a LOT of time driving kids around to classes and appointments. (If I am homeschooling, why am I always in my car?) And I happen to know that is it NOT easy to get an appointment with my doctor. Often it’s not easy to even talk to someone, as the line is often busy. And usually when we call we get the physician’s assistant, who I LIKE, but this time I really wanted to see the doctor. I looked at the calendar before I called, and started what could best be described as a “rant” about how on earth am I going to be able to fit an appointment for me in, I feel terrible, the day is just starting and I want to go back to bed, etc., etc. My dear hubby gave me a hug.

Then I called, and. . .got to talk to someone right away, who told me the doctor JUST had a cancellation for. . . TOMORROW. This interferes with taking Fatso to his beloved Physics class, but since Prince Charming is home (due to not yet having a job) and the class is 5 minutes away, Prince Charming can take him without using up too much of his job-searching time. (And BTW, Prince Charming is working so hard at finding a new job that I recently told him I saw more of him when he had a job. . .)

Anyway, once again God has shown that He is taking care of me. I am sorry, Lord, that I forget that sometimes. . .

Well, I stayed home from church tonight because I’ve been feeling dizzy, and I didn’t think I could handle the noise level. I’m going to post this and go to bed. If you feel like sending out a prayer for me, I would appreciate it. I am anticipating that the doctor will tell me to get rid of some of the stress in my life, but I REFUSE to give up my kids. . . LOL.

No comments: