Monday, February 16, 2009

Face to Facebook

I have been thinking about a few old friends for quite some time. There are two in particular; my best friend from high school, Nancy, and a close friend from my early 20's, Tom. They both have had a very special part in my life and helped shape who I have become. I've been looking for them both now for probably about 10 years. Just last week I was telling Prince Charming that there were people I missed having in my life, and these were the two I mentioned by name.

Now, Hoodie Girl has been asking me if she could get a Facebook account, since I said no to a Myspace account. I had been putting her off, telling her I needed to get on Facebook first to see what it's like. I've had friends send me friend requests for Facebook, but hadn't found time to get an account.

Well, when Fatso got a Facebook account (being almost 18 he does have more privileges than his 13 yo sister) and sent me a friend request, I figured it was time. It didn't hurt that I had more time than usual last week, because Czarina was sick so I wasn't spending 5 hours a day doing school with her.

I typed in my information, including what high school I went to and when I graduated, and then. . . Nancy's picture popped up as someone I "might" know! I sent a friend request and we both ended up in front of our computer screens with tears in our eyes. We have been getting re-acquainted after more than 20 years!

Then I started searching for other people I might know, and I found Tom! So we are catching up as well.

I've found other friends too, from high school and my OM days. And some other people have found me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There are way too many people with your name on Facebook. I'm on it, too, if you want to add another friend!