Friday, September 10, 2010

September 11

Czarina has started a blog as an assignment from her English class at our home school co-op. Reading through her blog and the blogs of her classmates has encouraged me to get back to blogging.

Today my mind is filled with images from September 11, 2001. Tomorrow is the 9th anniversary of that horrific day. I am wondering how my teenage friends (who were children at the time) and my young adult friends (who were teenagers at the time) remember that day, and the weeks following. My kids were 12, 10 and 6 at the time. I remember Space Cadet and I being glued to the TV, watching the same thing over and over. I would turn off the TV, and a little while later Space Cadet would turn it back on, to see if it was real, or just a bad dream. Corn Bread Muffin handled it the way he has always handled trauma: he talked about it. Fashionista (my new name for Hoodie Girl, since Hoodie Girl doesn’t fit any more) painted water color pictures of tall buildings with smoke billowing out of them.

What do you remember?

No comments: